Sunday, August 21, 2011

Oh, Kauri Girl

Today Kauri felt a little dizzy and sick.  She wanted to take the sacrament so we arranged for her to get some special bread that didn't have any fat. During the sacrament Kauri felt a little nauseous so mom and Kauri ran to the bathroom.  Kauri wasn't able to keep everything down.  She lost all she drank/ate and then some.  She then waited in the foyer when she lost it again.  So Annika took her home where she continued to be nauseated.  She kept saying that the pain was awful.  She didn't have anything left in her stomach, yet she still continued to dry heave.  Now she finally is getting some sleep.

As you can imagine, Kauri's spirits are pretty low today.  She is so sad.  She was so hopeful that things were good and she was getting better (maybe she still is.) While watching Kauri sleep I was thinking about faith.  There have been so many loved ones who have exercised their faith through this whole ordeal.  Faith that Kauri will be healed, faith to understand, and faith to grow.  Watching Kauri be sad and be so sick.  I couldn't help but ask the dreaded question. Why?

Then the music that was playing to help calm Kauri down and to help her drift into sleep played a song that comforted me, and that I hope will comfort Kauri as well as some others who ask, Why?

Keep the Faith-Jenny Phillips
The storm is rolling in, and you're wondering where He is.
As the billows are tossing high.
You feel alone, and He truly knows
Even when you're in the dark. He's there,
Right where you are.

Hold on
Even when you're eyes can't see your destiny, 
He still believes.
Be strong, He can see tomorrow's change.
He's the surest way, 
Keep the faith.

He sees the daily grind, and He feels each tear you cry.
 He understands your heart, 
He never forgets a child that is his. 
Nothing escapes his view. 
He's there pulling for you to

Hold on
Even when you're eyes can't see your destiny, 
He still believes.
Be strong, He can see tomorrow's change.
He's the surest way, 
Keep the faith.


He is the surest way.....Keep the Faith.
Kauri is going to be healed.  It isn't on our time.  Our loving Heavenly Father has a plan.  We don't know all the answers to all the questions.  I don't know Why Kauri is still suffering, I do know that Heavenly Father loves her and His son Jesus Christ knows what she's going through.  They are both there for her. 
Thanks to Jesus Christ we can Keep The Faith.  Christ is there to help and lift anyone who may be falling.  Just like in this picture, Christ is holding our hand lifting us out of any stormy water that comes our way. The Savior is our loving older brother who will do anything He can to help us.  He will always be there for us, anytime we need Him. He can get us through the rockiest places, He'll pull you out. Christ will lift Kauri. She needs to keep "holding on" and "Being strong, He can see tomorrow's change."
 We just need to Keep the Faith.  

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kauri. I saw you looked uncomfortable during Sacrament meeting but I had no idea. I wish there was something I could do to help but in this case I don't think there is much i can do. Please keep smiling! I hope you will get over this fast and can't wait to see your beautiful face again. I love you and remember (and i know EVERYONE says this but...) I'm always here for you and if you need to talk, cry, or go for a drive, call me up, ya know? :D Love you.

    CrYsTaL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so nice. kauri our whole family is hoping that you will be healed fast! Your such a tough girl and the things you have went through no one should have to go through. Heavenly father loves you very much and he really does know the pain and suffering you are going through. You are such a trooper and such a good person! Get well soon!

    Jantson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kauri, I'm so sorry you had a miserable day! You will get through this- I know it feels like forever. But you keep the faith girl, it will get better! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kauri, I wish I had magic words to make you instantly feel better about what you are going through, but I have no magic only my love and prayers. I love you so much!!! I will keep praying and pray even harder. Hang on sweetheart, you are still in your storm but it will come to and end, it will. Everyone is pulling for you, hoping for the best and waiting for a little miracle. Faith, just like the blog says, FAITH FAITH FAITH. I hope you know how much I love you and I will do all that I can.

    ReplyDelete